Sweet Like Honey


Hi there!

I was lost in writing a completely different post when my husband came over and said, "You've got to check this out! (see video below)" We have really been into Christian rock music lately. Him especially. He listens to KLOVE every day on his way home from work. There is one particular song that is super catchy right now.

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

-Words by Hawk Nelson

I am a firm believer that words are important. We have this discussion often. If you were a fly on the wall in my home you would most likely hear me say, "Try that again with your kind words. Kind words get better results. Don't forget to say it with a smile!" I'm sure that will be one of those sayings my children will know by heart. Actually...I think I heard my 2 year old reciting that very same quote to our guinea pigs today. She must be listening. Makes me happy.


I love this scripture in Proverbs and I love honey. Have it on my peanut butter toast every morning. Words are so important in every relationship of our lives. They have the power to heal a broken heart, brighten up someone's day and help others smile which can instantly create feelings of happiness. It goes without saying that unkind words have the opposite effect. May we all try a little harder to use kind words in our interactions with our spouses, children, family, friends, complete strangers and even our enemies. "Love your enemies...and your reward shall be great. (Luke 6:35)" Not only does kindness make others feel good, it can have the same effect on you. I think very few people would say that they have regrets when it comes to saying kind words. I hope your words will be sweet like honey this week and always. Watch your relationships grow as you speak kindly. Good luck!

An Experiment in Words


No comments:

Post a Comment